at Electric Power Systems in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionElectric Power Systems
Job ID 2023-4127
Category Field Technician
As a NETA accredited independent electrical testing & engineering organization, we set the standard for technical expertise and uncompromising safety within the renewable energy, data centers, and industrial industries.
At Electric Power Systems, we specialize in electrical acceptance testing, commissioning, and maintenance testing for a wide range of clients including Utility, Generation, Renewables, Industrial, Transit, Data Centers, and Commercial Facilities throughout North America. We are committed to providing a culture of safety and technical expertise as a way of setting the standard of excellence in the power industry.
We care about our employees and offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off
- Paid short term and long term disability
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Electrical Field Test Technician will inspect, test, and maintain electrical substations & transmission switchyards. Technicians will work with electrical equipment, such as SF6 & vacuum circuit breakers, pad mount transformers/GSU transformers, grounding, instrument transformers, and variance of switches both manual and motor operated.
- Performing High, Medium, and Low voltage testing of electrical power equipment.
- Consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, and engineering personnel in order to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems and determine optimum equipment functioning.
- Prepare and maintain reports detailing all tests, repairs, and maintenance performed.
- Troubleshoot, repair, replace, and clean equipment and components in a substation.
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Able to work overtime and travel out of town for periods of time.
- Able to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, able to lift 70 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver's license and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- NETA certified a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Electrical/Electronic technology, or Military experience preferred
Experience with the following test equipment:
- Power Factor
- CT ration & saturation
Knowledge of the following equipment:
- Circuit Breakers
- Low Voltage, Medium Voltage, High Voltage | LV/MV/HV
- PT's & CCVT's
EPS is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), political affiliation, military service, national origin, age or any other characteristics protected by state or federal laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status