at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
Location875 N Michigan (John Hancock)
Maintains an active role in seamlessly coordinating the medical care for international patients referred to Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. Assists with the coordination of the entire international patient experience, including both inpatient and outpatient visits. Schedules medical appointments, obtains letters of guarantee/agreement, and oversees travel arrangements, housing arrangements, concierge services, securing finances when necessary and assistance with language interpretation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists with the coordination of the entire international patient experience, including both inpatient and outpatient visits.
2. Schedules medical appointments, obtains letters of guarantee/agreement, and oversees travel arrangements, housing arrangements, concierge services, securing finances when necessary and assistance with language interpretation.
3. Identifies payor source. Communicates with Lurie Children's staff to formulate financial estimate. Verifies financial viability of self-pay, insurance, embassy and foundation patients. Obtains payments as required.
4. Maintains appropriate documentation and tracking of all international patients.
5. Facilitates communication of information to assure funding of patient care. Works with care team and family to establish care plan.
6. Provides communication link between the family and parties involved with the patient's care at Lurie Children's. Assures coordination of care in collaboration with Medical team.
7. Collaborates regularly with payors, physicians and other agencies to improve processes and systems.
8. Collaborates with Concierge Services to ensure that patients receive the highest level of customer service during their time at Lurie Children's.
9. Works with outside parties to make travel arrangements. Refers families to resources available to meet all patient medical needs.
10. Works with home health agencies when appropriate.
11. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, donors, volunteers, co-workers and others.
12. Assist with the coordination of destination patient services (domestic patients coming to Lurie Children's from 2 hours away or farther).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. BS or BA degree (preferably in a health care related discipline) required.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in a health care setting.
3. Proficiency in a second language, Polish, Arabic, or Spanish highly preferred.
4. Current knowledge of health care trends and practices related to pediatric health care.
5. Prior experience working directly with patients.
6. Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
7. Experience working in partnership with health care professionals and support staff.
8. Demonstrated ability to problem solving and support team work in a multidisciplinary setting.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary.
10. Demonstrate excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Epic.
11. Excellent customer service skills
12. Proficiency in a second language highly desired.
13. International experience preferred.
EducationBachelor's Degree: Health Administration (Required)
For full time and part time employees who work 20 or more hours per week we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Employer paid group term life and disability
Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
403(b) with a 5% employer match
Various voluntary benefits:
Supplemental Life, AD&D and Disability
Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity coverage
Student loan servicing and support
Backup Childcare and Eldercare
Employee Assistance Program, and other specialized behavioral health services and resources for employees and family members
Discount on services at Lurie Children's facilities
Discount purchasing program
Lurie Children's and its affiliatesare equal employment opportunity employers. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive... For full info follow application link.