at Hendrickson Bumper and Trim in Crest Hill, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionPosition Purpose
The making of our products requires constant change and revision to our engineering approaches. The tool and die maker is a key function in that innovative concept. Working from blueprints they pivot, mark, and cut the materials needed using specialized tooling.
- Plans, designs, constructs, or repairs a wide variety of highly intricate and complicated tools, dies, jigs, fixtures to extremely close tolerance.
- Does highly skilled fitting, adjusting, and timing.
- Reverse engineer with required measuring instruments.
- Constructs tools where no design is available.
- Performs any tool room machine operation.
- Participate in quality programs such as Smed, Kaizen, 6S, etc.
- Proper use of hand tools such as impact guns, deburr guns, etc.
- Understand and follow IATF procedures.
Education and Training
- 5 years of tool and die experience required.
- Complete Tool and Die Apprenticeship program.
- Ability to read a blueprint and tape measure.
- Computer skills.
- CNC Milling machine experience.
- Design software experience.
- Must be able to operate the following machinery: Milling machines, drill press, surface grinders, lathe machines, stick weld (ARC), MIG weld.
- Lifting - 50 lbs. required.
- Reaching below knees and waist to knee-Frequently.
- Reaching chest to shoulder and above shoulders-Occasionally.
- Constant heat exposure (during summer months).
- Constant noise.
- Attention to Detail.
- Managing Projects or Programs.
- Requisition ID: 220000DO