at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chica in Lake Forest, Illinois, United States
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago provides superior pediatric care in a setting that offers the latest benefits and innovations in medical technology, research and family-friendly design. As the largest pediatric provider in the region with a 140-year legacy of excellence, kids and their families are at the center of all we do. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is ranked in all 10 specialties by the U.S. News & World Report.
LocationAnn & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
The Imaging Specialist MRI Lead is responsible for exams as a MRI technologist while acting as a leader, resource, coach and preceptor for other technologists at Lurie Children's. Responsible for Patient Safety, including pre-screening for implants and researching for clearance if needed, aseptic injection technique for contrast administration, etc. Able to perform job functions as a MRI technologist while modeling the core values in addition to for excellent communication and customer service skills. Ensures quality standards are met and promotes continuous quality improvement. Maintains current knowledge of technology, equipment and regulations. Collaborates with Manager to educate staff to department policies and procedures, ensures appropriate staff scheduling, maintains inventory and supplies within budgetary guidelines. Coordinates student clinical rotations and training with Clinical Educator. Works with leadership team to create a work environment that engages staff in the attainment of department and organizational goals and vision.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs job duties of MR Technologist as needed and provides high quality images.
2. Highly proficient in all of the procedures and assures all staff are able to perform all exams.
3. Performs staff/student education and orientation duties.
4. Serves as a resource person and role model for staff and radiologists.
5. Able to interact with patients and families for concerns and/or questions while demonstrating the Power of All.
6. Keeps an open line of communication with management daily and notifies manager if there are any equipment issues.
7. Interacts effectively and facilitates team development and growth with other teams in various departments to help improve workflow, patient communications and satisfaction.
8. Ability to adapt, implement and train others on new or innovated ways to performing procedures in Medical Imaging.
9. Ability to coordinate any type of emergent or add-on studies without hindering or delaying our other patients.
10. Ability to critically think and utilize their resources to keep the schedule on-time while keeping teams notified of changes.
11. Participates in departmental development; including staff scheduling, interviewing, selection, orientation, competency, education, evaluation, staff education and meetings.
12. Coaches team members to demonstrate a positive attitude and a friendly environment.
13. Ensures quality control procedures are performed and image quality meets the departmental standards.
14. Actively supports organizational changes.
15. Ensures that daily quality control is completed, restart of the systems, and also that every scanner's hard drive is below 60% for efficiency of the scanners.
16. Provides a timely bidirectional communication link between staff at all levels.
17. Implements new and current procedures related to MRI & Medical Imaging and processes in accordance with department standards, regulatory agencies and certifying organizations.
18. Verifies accuracy of: patient demographic information, pertinent clinical diagnosis, and required technical results. Data must be entered accurately and in a timely fashion to provide optimal patient care. Verifies all technical data entry components are complete and exam is verified on PACS prior to the end of shift.
19. Maintains, or works with MRI Technologists on daily schedules and identifies new visit types as needed.
20. Assures all exams are finalized and properly documented.
21. Order supplies as necessary.
22. Meets radiology operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patient-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
23. Assigns daily scanners, lunch times to all technologists and assures/assists that they complete their day on-time as well.
24. Works with Physicist and Manager to ensure ACR documentation is completed and submitted on-time.
25. Provide proper supervised coverage is across multiple divisions per need of the department.
26. Abides by, and maintains a working knowledge of, both institutional policy and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JC) patient safety goals and guidelines.
27. Rotate to our various... For full info follow application link.