at Health Care Service Corporation in Chicago, Illinois, United States
At HCSC, we consider our employees the cornerstone of our business and the foundation to our success. We enable employees to craft their career with curated development plans that set their learning path to a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Come join us and be part of a purpose driven company who is invested in your future!
This position is responsible for completing day-to-day management and operations of assigned security solutions and platforms to help detect security vulnerabilities and events which pose risk to the enterprise. Performing platform lifecycle management activities (patching, upgrades, policy configuration, etc.) for assigned platforms and/or tools; continuously assessing existing processes and procedures for improvement opportunities. This role is also responsible for recommending and executing proactive security tool configuration updates to strengthen the organization's overall security posture and streamline existing processes, based on the evolving cyber threat landscape.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelors Degree and 2 years of combined IT and security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments.
*Requires knowledge of security issues, techniques, and implications across all existing computer platforms.
* Strong oral & written communication skills
* Problem solving / analytical skills, tools, and techniques.
* Results-oriented, continuous improvement mindset
* Organization and multi-tasking skills; ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
* Ability to operate effectively under high pressure situations and/or against deadlines
* Ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions.
* Understanding of information security frameworks, incident management/response, security operations, and application security best practices
*Experience with Forge Rock
* Ability to support Incident Response (gathering evidence from logs, etc.)
* Experience with security team operations in complex technical environments
* Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
* Knowledge of emerging technologies
* Experience with system and technology integration for various security technologies
* IT standards, procedures, and policies (e.g., HIPAA)
* Certificate & Key Mgmt.
* Configuration Mgmt.
* TVM Scanning
* Patch Mgmt.
* Wireless Security
* SSO and IdM tooling and functionality
* Security event monitoring systems
* Network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems
* Firewall technologies
* Malware detection
* Enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems and encryptions standards
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Bachelors OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
NOTE:This hybrid role can be located in CHICAGO IL, RICHARDSON TX, TULSA/OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, HELENA, MT or ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at HCSC about our Employee Referral process!
HCSC Employment Statement:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.