at Invenergy LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionInvenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
The Project Accountant will be responsible for the day to day accounting functions of approximately 3-6 operational energy power production plants and related entities. This position is generally responsible for closing the books and records of all accounting entities related to these plants. Individual must be a self-starter, well organized, possess excellent computer skills, be able to multi-task and enjoy the challenge of taking on new and exciting opportunities.
- Prepare and review financial statements, including all monthly journal entries, to verify account balances for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Prepare project workbooks to support balance sheet and income statement balances and activity.
- Ensure accuracy of all general ledger information.
- Maintain compliance with project debt and equity agreements.
- Assist with annual audit work papers and audit report preparation.
- Coordinate project treasury, banking and cash flow analysis.
- Coordinate and take ownership of project issues with asset managers, project managers and finance professionals.
- Assist asset managers in annual project budgeting process.
- Assist Accounting Manager and Director in developing process improvements and greater efficiency within the department
- Contribute to development of accounting policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- CPA a plus, with 1-4 years of accounting experience.
- Multi-Site Organization or Public accounting firm experience preferred.
- Ability to adhere to monthly, quarterly and annual department driven deadlines.
- Existing understanding and knowledge of GAAP.
- Familiarity with Excel and other Microsoft Office products is required.
- Strong coordination / organization skills with attentiveness to timelines.
- Understanding of variance / trend analysis with actual/budget/historical results.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Responsible, dependable and possessing an exceptional work ethic.
- Experience in energy, construction, or real estate industry's preferred, but not required.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.