at Invenergy LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionInvenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As Manager, Transmission Development, you will be responsible for the oversight and implementation of activities associated with the development of the NM North Path transmission line. The ideal candidate will be very well rounded with the ability to evaluate economic, market, regulatory, political, industry, technological, and other factors impacting the viability of a project. This position will be based in either Santa Fe (New Mexico), Denver (Colorado), Chicago (Illinois), or remote.
- Drive existing transmission project developments within the southwest region of the United States, most immediately the New Mexico North Path project
- Coordinate internal team of subject matter experts across regulatory, permitting, engineering, financing, interconnections, and other areas
- Lead the preparation of application materials and response to agency data requests related to ongoing NEPA, federal government and other permit applications
- Manage department key performance indicators and provide recommendations to improve metrics where applicable
- Identify and manage key project risks across all aspects of project development and execution
- Work with numerous partners along the entirety of the route, including agricultural communities, Native American tribal governments, various state and federal government agencies, and manage all of their unique needs and requirements
- Review budgets, meeting agenda's and taking notes in Strategy and Departmental meetings
- Supervise the effective handling of confidential data and sensitive information.
- Cultivate and maintain key external stakeholder relationships
- Oversee cross functional groups to gather and document process/system improvement requirements
- Continually identify opportunities and challenges across economic, technology, regulatory, permitting and other key facets throughout the project development cycle
- Support economic modeling for all phases of project development
- Represent Invenergy Transmission with landowners, state and local officials and other stakeholders
- Supervise landowner communication efforts
- Understand and explain benefits of projects to host communities
- Lead efforts to obtain certain local and state approvals
- Manage tasks according to budgets and schedules, including coordinating internal and external technical support
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, or other relevant field
- 5 to 10 years of experience in energy/utilities sector, management consulting, banking, regulatory field, or corporate strategy/development
- Experience with economic analysis of complex projects or businesses
- Broad experience with engaging with multi-faceted subject matter experts and distilling into key messages
- Familiarity with New Mexico including Native American tribes
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity; ability to effectively navigate uncertainty
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and to meet deadlines and complete time-sensitive projects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and drive solution of complex problems
- Strong written and verbal communication with ability to succinctly communicate complex problems
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Familiarity with energy project development, real estate development, transmission and power project engineering are advantageous
- Familiarity with New Mexico
About NM North Path
The NM North Path transmission line is a new 400-mile, 4,000 MW high voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission line extending from northeastern New Mexico to northwestern New Mexico. The NM North Path transmission line will enable the delivery of renewable energy to the Four Corners area to power the equivalent of 2 million homes in New Mexico and the southwest.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.