at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Services, Inc. in Cary, Illinois, United States
Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B)
SUPERIOR AMBULANCE - EMT's (Full-Time - NEW RATES) Chicagoland Area
Join the Superior Team!
Competitive Pay - Flexible Schedules - Insurance - FREE CE
Superior Ambulance is the #1 and largest air and ground medical transportation provider in the Mid-West. Servicing our communities for over 60 years, Superior operates in Illinois, Wisconsin, Northwest Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. Superior partners with hospitals, municipalities, as well as has multiple special events and disaster relief contracts throughout the five states we operate.
EMT Shift Options: 6 Hour, 8 Hour, 10 Hour, 12 Hour, 24 Hour
EMTs and Paramedics provide safe transportation and quality medical care to sick and injured individuals within the scope of state EMS regulations. Superior provides the highest quality care in emergency and scheduled medical transports.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the EMT consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- To provide appropriate patient care as stipulated in their training as an EMT.
- To provide safe transportation, to include accurately discerning street names through map reading, the ability to correctly distinguish house numbers, and addresses of business locations, in the most expedient manner, are essential.
- To appropriately assess a patient and accurately convey the condition to other medical professionals.
- To provide an accurate written report describing a patient's condition, medical history, and the treatment provided.
- To provide appropriate documentation for billing information.
- To maintain the vehicle in sanitary condition, in addition to monitoring all fluid levels and gauges.
- EMT National Registry and/or current state license (or pending).
- Ability to provide - medical care, at the EMT or Paramedic level, while safely transporting patients.
- Possess a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Pass a pre-employment interview including a physical and lifting examination and a drug screening.
- Attend company provided training and driving course.
- Flexible scheduling - full or part-time
- Competitive compensation
- Immediate EMT / Paramedic job placement
- Multiple station locations with the ability to transfer - throughout the company
- Opportunity to work overtime
- Health/dental/life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for Career Growth
Paramedics and EMT's in Multiple Locations Including:
- Oak Lawn
- Des Plaines
- Vernon Hills
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity