at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Alvarez & Marsal Disputes and Investigations, LLC
Alvarez & Marsal ("A&M") is an international consulting firm with over 7,000 staff and 70 offices around the globe and a broad range of professional services including Disputes and Investigations, Transaction Advisory, Private Equity Performance Improvement, Financial & Operational Restructuring, Debt Advisory, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, and Valuations. Companies & Investors around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) for leadership, action, and results.
Alvarez & Marsal Disputes and Investigations, LLC ("DI") is a business unit of A&M with over 35 offices around the world. Our team of experts across North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia draw on expertise in litigation consulting, business investigations, forensic technology and expert testimony to provide clients with independent advice. Our team works with law firms, boards of directors and company committees, private equity firms, and other fiduciaries.
DI is developing a risk management strategy and practice which involves evaluating and mitigating the risks inherent in each aspect of the global DI practice. The risk management includes the initial evaluation of client acceptance through the end of a client project and the related file retention. DI is seeking to hire its first Risk Management Director to report to the management of DI.
The person best suited to this role will have a background in business consulting, preferably in a DI-type practice, and will understand the risks associated with such a business. The position is based in the United States with some international travel.
The role of the Risk Management Director includes but is not limited to:
- Reviewing the DI risks and mitigation policies in each country where DI operates and modifying them as the business environment changes;
- Reviewing and assessing conflicts of interests;
- Managing compliance with client acceptance, quality control, and all other risk policies;
- Regularly reporting the findings of risk management reviews to the global leaders of DI;
- Participation with Risk Management Directors of other business units within A&M in sharing best practices and risk management ideas;
- Coordination with the A&M Office of General Counsel to ensure compliance with applicable laws in each country where DI operates;
- Bachelor's degree required, in a business-related major (accounting/finance preferred)
- 10+ years of work experience in business consulting, preferably a DI practice
- Experience with managing risks and quality control within a consulting practice (global experience preferred)
- Proficiency in business software programs, such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Self-starter; desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity