at Meta in Springfield, Illinois, United States
From making valuable connections between people and businesses to building premium services that deliver high-value experiences, the monetization organization at Meta empowers people and businesses to succeed in the global economy. As Meta focuses on building the next evolution of social experiences, the monetization team plays a crucial role in shaping the communication pathways and financial tools that all sized businesses, especially small to medium ones, need to thrive in the new digital economic environment. And we achieve that from end-to-end product and technology innovation.As a Software Engineer on the monetization team at Meta, you can help build cutting-edge full-stack technologies that will transform the way people and businesses connect and communicate. You’ll help develop industry-leading solutions that power next-generation, large-scale platforms and AI services to help connect billions of people around the world.This position is full-time and there are minimal travel requirements.
Software Engineer – Monetization Responsibilities:
1. Develop a strong understanding of relevant product area, codebase, and/or systems
2. Demonstrate proficiency in data analysis, programming and software engineering
3. Produce high quality code with good test coverage, using modern abstractions and frameworks
4. Work independently, use available resources to get unblocked, and complete tasks on-schedule by exercising strong judgement and problem solving skills
5. Master Facebook’s development standards from developing to releasing code in order to take on tasks and projects with increasing levels of complexity
6. Actively seek and give feedback in alignment with Facebook’s Performance Philosophy
8. Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
9. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
10. Demonstrated software engineering experience from previous internship, work experience, coding competitions, or publications
11. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
$104,000/year to $137,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta’s Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law