at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
30% Under immediate supervision, serves as an Enterprise License/Permit Services Specialist for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT):
• Performs limited maintenance and enhancements to existing programs and gains knowledge assisting on limited assignments of increasing difficulty related to the maintenance and development of new program.
• Performs modifications to existing program code by following written specifications, written narrative and/or verbal direction and utilizing accepted software tools required for the associated platform and programming environment.
• Conducts diagnostic testing of various software components.
• Implements required fixes to correct problems defined during diagnostics adhering to all DoIT and Enterprise Applications and Architecture (EAA) adopted standards and methodology.
• Documents problems and corrective action.
• Works on assigned projects using IBM and Microsoft software development tools including but not limited to SQL, MS Visio, MS Teams, relational databases, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Utilizes Graphic User Interface (GUI), Web application design tools, Object Oriented languages/application design theory, concepts, and principles and Hyper-text Markup Language (HTML) in performance of duties.
• Works outside of normal business hours to meet deadlines or address critical issues as necessary.
25% Serves as member of a team providing a full range of information technology services for the development, enhancement, and maintenance of Enterprise Applications and Architecture (EAA) support systems:
• Assists in fact-finding and analysis to resolve problems relating to user procedures, training and software malfunctions.
• Gains knowledge to research, evaluate and test software applications to support recommendations.
• Isolates software problems and reports problems to higher level developers.
• Implements required fixes to correct problems defined during problem resolution.
20% Works with experienced analysts in preparing testing specifications and developing test data for all modified programs:
• Performs testing and debugging of all assigned programs ensuring all logic paths are tested and pre-determined results are verified according to established methods and procedures.
15% Assists lead analysts in the configuration, testing, installation, and documentation, including revisions and corrections for Enterprise License/Permit (ELP) associated platforms and programming environments:
• Prepares and maintains written documentation for assigned tasks
5% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) field:
• Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on IT products, vendors, techniques and procedures.
• Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations
• Travels when held off-site.
5% Performs other duties as assigned or required which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.