at Deloitte in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Full Time Tax Consultant (Transfer Pricing)
Business on a global scale. Transfer Pricing is a multidisciplinary field that integrates economics, business and tax principles in the evaluation of global intercompany transactions. Transfer Pricing practitioners are given the opportunity to develop consulting skills and to apply their knowledge and experience to generate effective solutions to complex economic problems. You have to know the international strategy of each client- while staying current with ever-evolving business challenges and regulations. Experience the world, with a view beyond borders! If you have a passion for global consulting, and the mindset to conceptualize these complex and evolving needs, Deloitte has the perfect position for you!
Work you will do
As a Consultant in the Transfer Pricing practice, you’ll work in a fast-paced global environment that exposes you to diverse project experiences. You can gain exposure to multiple industries and work alongside professionals with various backgrounds, including Ph.D. economists, business professionals and tax specialists. You will work in a team environment to analyze clients’ intercompany cross-border transactions. You will have the opportunity to exercise strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the chance to communicate your findings, as well as:
- Conduct industry research on various external factors that could impact your client’s business and profitability
- Perform economic and financial analyses, as well as more complex modeling (valuations of companies and intangible property) based on Deloitte training
- Assist with searches for comparable benchmarks and perform analyses of corresponding financial statement data
- Assist in drafting proposals, reports, document requests, client presentations and other client materials.
- Work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Manage multiple projects (prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments)
While the specific job deliverables will vary according to clients’ needs, our Transfer Pricing Consultants have broad skills needed to tackle a wide variety of transfer pricing engagements. Common intercompany transactions include: sale of products, royalties for intangible property (patents, trademarks, etc.), services provided to affiliate companies and financial transactions (loans and guarantees).
We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the analyses of our clients’ global functions. The Transfer Pricing Group is a client-facing, international practice, providing unique opportunities for transfer pricing practitioners to work with global Deloitte member firm teams on international engagements.
Euromoney Magazine and the International Tax Review have consistently rated Deloitte’s transfer pricing group as a top practice, both in the United States and globally. Deloitte provides a rewarding professional experience with competitive compensation and benefits and with opportunities for professional growth. Fortune, Business Week, and Working Mother magazines consistently rank Deloitte among the best places to work. Read more about Deloitte Tax Transfer Pricing.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, research, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Ability to perform job responsibilities within in a hybrid work model that requires US Tax professionals to co-locate in person 2 – 3 days per week
- The start date for this position will be in Summer/Fall 2024, Winter 2025
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in economics, finance, accounting, mathematics, international relations or a related field
- Relevant work experience (e.g. previous work experience, internships, summer positions)
- For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York state, and Washington State, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York state, and Washington state and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $51520 to $94800.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account