at OTTO Engineering, Inc. in Carpentersville, Illinois, United States
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Accounts Manager is responsible for the sales growth, account development and management in the assigned major accounts.
Specifically, the Accounts Manager will:
- Work with the manufacturer’s rep organizations, distributors and customers (existing and potential) within the assigned accounts (domestic and international sights) to increase business with existing customers and new customers with new and existing products
- Ensure the Mfg.’s Rep’ organizations and distributors are providing effective field sales support and monitor their performance on a regular and formal basis
- Track and report customer trends in technology, products, competition, pricing, and market direction to the Director of Sales
- Provide product training to the Rep’s and Distributors on a basis, participating in setting up trade show and other promotional activity as needed
- Responsible for the attainment of direct booking and sales goals for the assigned accounts either direct and/or through an authorized distributor
- Takes ownership of strategy development, product development, pricing strategy and recommendations, for all assigned accounts and secure concurrence of agreed upon strategy from the Director of Sales and manufacturer’s representative
- Secures performance of manufacturer’s representatives in achievement bookings and shipment plan for all products, forecast accuracy, and achievement of strategic customer penetration plans
- Monitors major opportunities within the assigned accounts and to capture the business
- Develops and maintain effective communication with manufacturer’s representatives, distributors and customers
- Provides clear internal communication on customers and programs, as well as work with internal departments and internal systems in support of customers and their requirements
- Participate in the Material Review Board (MRB) – including developing and processing Discrepant Material Reports (DMRs) and performing part analysis as directed by the MRB members
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned