at Heartland Bank and Trust Company in Champaign, Illinois, United States
If you're interested in managing a portfolio consisting of small business, middle market and/or agricultural loans, and CRE loans, with average total loan portfolio balances of $30MM to $60MM, our Commercial Lender IV role may be for you! We invite you to consider joining our Champaign Lending team.
- Engage in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services.
- Gather and analyze all information necessary to present a financing request to Senior Management for approval; meet with existing or potential customers; visit sites of loans; negotiate loan terms and conditions; approve loans within established lending limits or refer and recommend approval to designated members of Senior Management and/or the Chief Credit Officer.
- Coordinate processing of approved loans; ensure loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtain sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solve problems and ensure maintenance relative to processing and servicing of loans within his or her portfolio; approve loan disbursements in accordance with agreements; negotiate, underwrite, and process renewals of credit facilities.
- Authorize commitment, engagement, auction, and decline letters.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors, and competition.
- Responsible for meeting annual loan and deposit growth goals assigned by Senior Management
- Assume responsibility for special projects; gather data and prepare reports for Senior Management, audits, and other personnel.
- Review NSF and overdraft reports for customers assigned within his or her portfolio; approve or decline such exceptions within established lending limits.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in related curriculum preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years related experience preferred.
Who We Are
Heartland Bank is a subsidiary of HBT Financial, Inc., a publicly traded financial holding company headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois. With the roots of the Bank dating back to 1920, Heartland has a long track record of providing personalized service and supporting the banking needs of businesses and families throughout our footprint. With 60+ branches throughout Central and Northeastern Illinois and Eastern Iowa, Heartland continues to grow and is committed to preserving strong ties to our communities, customers, employees, and shareholders.
Heartland Bank’s mission is to “create value for the customer, earn a profit for the Bank, and have fun doing it!” At Heartland, employees have the opportunity to make a difference every day.
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Heartland Bank salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Heartland Bank’s total compensation package for employees.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Heartland Bank is deeply committed to creating a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
- Regularly: sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, vision - close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally: feeling/touching, climbing and/or balancing, reaching with arms and hands, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, lifting objects up to 30 pounds
Our available Benefits
We offer a competitive benefit package, including vacation and other paid time off.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account