at Epstein in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Epstein is an established and well respected 100+ year old Architecture, Engineering and Construction firm. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York and Raleigh, and an international location in Poland. Our beautiful corporate office is located in Chicago’s West Loop, convenient to transportation. We offer all employees a competitive wage and benefits package. Epstein is proud to be 100% employee owned. Epstein focuses on our community through our emphasis on community service, green initiatives and sustainable design delivering “best in class” creative project solutions.
The Estimator is responsible for collecting and efficiently tracking historical cost data, and providing conceptual and detailed estimates. Epstein is a fully integrated AEC and as such this individual will be working with integrated DesignBuild teams to document project scope to match all generated estimates. This individual will also act as a resource for cost information to all disciplines including inflation projections and developing systems for assessing costs across a broad geography. While this position primarily involves estimating, it will also include involvement in other preconstruction activities – project scheduling, advance procurement, constructability.
- Develops conceptual and detailed construction cost estimates.
- Provides a quantity surveys on project (area, counts, or volume) as required.
- Provides support in preconstruction schedule development and constructability reviews.
- Supports project managers as a resource for the review of bid tabs, change order requests and project preconstruction and value engineering analysis.
- Updates and maintains an accurate sub-contractor list for pricing information or bidding.
- Collects and efficiently tracks historic construction cost data.
- Maintain a library of unit costs available for use by all Epstein disciplines.
- Develops strong relationships with subcontractors and suppliers such that they can become a robust and viable resource.
- Provide an ongoing assessment of projected inflation and cost differential across geographic markets.
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- 5-10 years of proven estimating experience on diverse project types including conceptual estimates and detailed estimates
- Strong knowledge of construction engineering principals: materials, methods, sequencing, scheduling, and estimating
- Strong experience with industrial projects is beneficial.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents and specifications
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Strong analytical and value engineering skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to join a strong, successful and highly respected team. Our environment thrives on quality driven, multi-task oriented employees with excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
Epstein is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, genetics, gender identity, transgender status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors. Epstein hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of a person’s qualifications. Epstein is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For more information on our company, please visit us on the internet at www.epsteinglobal.com.