at Coilcraft in Cary, Illinois, United States
Coilcraft, Inc., founded in 1945, is an established worldwide organization specializing in the manufacturing of magnetic components with headquarters located in Cary, Illinois. We are seeking an individual to join our purchasing team.
- Identify, select, support, and develop a materials supply base that supports objectives regarding cost, quality, delivery, availability, and reliability requirements.
- Contribute to activities that optimize the value of materials and their processing.
- Provide support through the coordination of supplier qualification, data collection, data analysis/reporting, and corrective/preventative action.
- Identify and develop relationships with suppliers (new and existing) regarding quality and processing by visiting suppliers.
- Initiate supply agreements and activities associated with the procurement of materials from suppliers for manufacturing operations.
- Investigate specific supply-base-related issues, determine root cause analysis, and identify and implement corrective actions.
- Work with Engineering/Operations to maintain/improve specifications for direct materials to reduce variation of end product, processing or material costs, or internal/external scrap.
- Work with Engineering/Manufacturing to integrate early supplier involvement into new product development and/or product modifications as appropriate.
- Administer online purchasing systems.
- Bachelor's degree in business operations, supply-chain management, or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of previous purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with Excel.
- Knowledge of MRP systems, inventory control, ISO/TS16949, and purchasing/shipping a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
This position may require compliance with ITAR export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens or have permanent resident status
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.