at AdventHealth in Bolingbrook, Illinois, United States
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Paid Time Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Paid Parental Leave for FT/PT positions
· Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule : Part-time, 20 hours a week.
Location: UChicago AdventHealth Bolingbrook Hospital – Bariatric Clinic
500 Remington Blvd, Bolingbrook, IL 60440
The role you’ll contribute: Provides medical nutrition therapy and evaluates effectiveness of treatments.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Assesses patients for nutritional status. Provides interventions/treatments including diet therapy, counseling, or specialized nutrition supplements.
· Collaborates with physicians, nursing and ancillary services such as speech pathology or physical therapy.
· Monitors tolerance and effectiveness of nutritional regimen and recommends therapy adjustments as necessary. Provides medical nutrition therapy and evaluates effectiveness of treatments.
· Provides nutrition information for the community that may include public speaking, news releases and other forms of publications.
· Researches and takes initiatives to resolve nutrition care related complaints and problems.
· Assists in monitoring meals including intake, diet compliance and tray accuracy. Maintains sanitation of food preparation area(s) through planned and unannounced inspections.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
One or more of the following:
· Dietitian/Nutritionist credentialed from the Commission on Dietetic Registration obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
· Licensed and registered dietitian required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Educator specializing in Diabetes Management.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Bolingbrook
Shift: 1 – Day
Req ID: 23030477
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.