at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Chicago, Illinois, United States
35% Under direction, serves as a night shift Support Services Data Processing Lead for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT) supporting the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES):
- Coordinates functions of a large, complex information processing system operations program
- Assists supervisor in maintaining shift production priorities for computer operations
- Identifies and resolves operating issues and ensures functional accuracy for production processing
- Determines proper operating procedures when confronted with machine and/or production halts and errors
- Compiles information and conducts studies to provide recommendations to the Night Shift Supervisor concerning personnel, equipment, down-time and procedural changes
- Prepares and composes shift reports and other various logs for monitoring and controlling the system
- Collaborates with the Production Support Sub section and the day shift computer operator team to provide a continual 24-hour operation
- Reviews and analyzes computer printouts and punch-outs to ensure conformance set standards
- Confers with users concerning the development of new standards and procedures
20% Serves as designated lead worker:
- Assigns and reviews work
- Provides guidance and training to assigned staff
- Advises immediate supervisor regarding performance of staff
15% Sets console control and adjusts peripheral machines:
- Manually operates the console keyboard and controls system input and output devices.
- Monitors the CA Scheduler responding to any operator intervention requests.
- Confers with DoIT Command Center on system requirements for links, nodes, lines, and other telecommunication access methods.
- Submits jobs through the Time-Sharing Option (TSO) device
Job Responsibilities Con't
15% Performs production control functions:
- Provides interface between input/output and the user being serviced
- Takes remedial action and notifies user of problematic situations
- Operates Micro Image Processor, Ekta Fiche Duplicator and paper handling machines
5% Assists with ordering, delivering, placement, and relocation of all computer-related supplies:
- Cleans printers, card readers, and tape drives to prevent build-up of paper, dust, and foreign matter harmful to operation.
5% Keeps abreast of new developments in the data processing field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on products, vendors, techniques and procedures
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.