at National Center for Supercomputing Applications in Urbana, Illinois, United States
Research Software Application and Development (90%)
• Assist with the development of software that addresses real world, complex problems with simple interfaces to powerful backend tools, and analyses across human
resources, finance, communications, and administration., growing to work both independently and in collaboration with team members.
• Make recommendations in the evaluation and integration of collaborative input, and contribute to the design of new approaches and techniques to address project-specific
needs and critical technological challenges.
• Ensure that project-related assignments are completed within deadlines.
• Assist project team members in terms of developing software and tools, as well as in prioritization of deliverables and deadlines.
• Contribute to discussions about the strengths and weaknesses between varieties of novel approaches to software development problems.
• Work with internal customers to leverage synergies across projects. Design and support common cyberinfrastructure for a broad range of communities within the University.
• Employ methodologies and develop code which supports an environment of secure systems. Design and develop security-oriented programs which by nature defend
against disruption or misdirection of services.
• Track activity in relevant fields both programmatic and domain-specific.
Research Communication (10%)
• Communicate findings with project colleagues to be used as needed in current programming and design efforts.
• Publish and present results of software research and development to contribute to internal documentation.