at Alvarez & Marsal Tax, LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
A&M is a group of entrepreneurial, action and results-oriented professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients' problems and assisting them in reaching their potential. Our culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A&M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are why our people love working at A&M.
We provide tax, turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement, and corporate advisory services. Our tax practice is unique in that we offer the opportunity to work without audit conflict and truly act a trusted business advisor. We provide our teams with opportunities and support to develop and cultivate careers that are most meaningful to them and reward them based on their achievements.
We're currently hiring for our Research Credit & Incentives Services team. This team specializes in identifying overlooked opportunity areas across a range of industries where qualified credit activities exist and provides the tools needed to complete the complicated credit calculation. Due to our tremendous growth, we're seeking a Manager or Director specializing in Cost Segregation to join our team.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Senior Associate or Manager within Research Credit & Incentives Services Tax practice you will:
- Lead and manage cost segregation studies and fixed asset outsourcing
- Lead cost segregation studies by assessing building systems, construction techniques, construction cost estimating, and general depreciation rules
- Conduct cost segregation analysis on various property types based on IRS tax code guidelines
- Prepare detailed financial analysis of project costs and capital asset valuations
- Lead project work plans, developing quantitative and qualitative analysis supporting results
- Communicate directly with client personnel, including operations, finance, accounting, and engineering
- Manage and implement multiple projects simultaneously, which include client interviews, computations, analysis, data gathering and coordination of A&M and client resources
- Familiarity with research and development (R&D) tax credit consulting services, including leading interviews with client subject matter experts, writing technical memorandum, performing tax technical research, and developing quantitative workpapers supporting amounts claimed, a plus
- Flexibility to travel to client sites 25%+ of the time
- Build client relationships and demonstrate a working knowledge of client businesses
- Conduct day-to-day management of accounts to ensure delivery of timely and accurate work product
- Supervise, develop, mentor, and motivate our Associates, Senior Associates by actively participating in their advancement through on-the-job training, providing performance feedback, counseling, and fostering our team-based atmosphere
- Manage workload and deadlines for Associates, Senior Associates, and Managers with a focus on quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the project teams
- Demonstrate commitment and desired behaviors while working with others that have diverse experiences, skills and perspectives
- Regularly supports business development efforts. Sees opportunities for add on work, thought leadership, new client pitches, and optimizing the compliance process
How will you grow and be supported?
At A&M, we know our people drive our growth, and we're focused on providing an employee experience that supports...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity