at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Security Operation Center Analyst
Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) for leadership, action and results. A&M's leadership is about a bias towards action and the willingness to tell clients what we think is needed. Our restructuring heritage sharpens our ability to act decisively. Clients select us for our deep expertise and ability to create and deliver practical, rather than theoretical, solutions to their unique problems in addition to our objectivity.
Privately held since its founding in 1983, A&M is a leading global professional services firm that provides advisory, business performance improvement and turnaround management services. When conventional approaches are not enough to create transformation and drive change, clients seek our deep expertise and ability to deliver practical solutions to their unique problems.
With over 4,500 people across four continents, we deliver tangible results for corporates, boards, private equity firms, law firms and government agencies facing complex challenges. Our senior leaders, and their teams help companies act decisively, catapult growth and accelerate results. We are experienced operators, world-class consultants, former regulators and industry authorities with a shared commitment to telling clients what's really needed for turning change into a strategic business asset, managing risk and unlocking value at every stage of growth.
We are seeking a S ecurity Operation Center (SOC) A nalyst to join our Global Security Office (GSO) team. This position will report into the GSO SOC Manager and the job holder will be based out of the US .
- Responsible for working in a global 24x7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment which consists of an in-house and outsourced SOC.
- Able to participate on an on-call rotation.
- Perform real-time alert monitoring and risk mitigation.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices across different layers.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident from the outsourced SOC and internal systems.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and teams.
- Participate in security projects and assist network operations and engineering teams.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned through ticketing system.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Security, Forensics or Computer Science is preferred)
- At least 4 years of experience as a security analyst, incident handler/responder, security engineer or penetration tester.
- Excellent knowledge of security methodologies, processes (like Kill chain/diamond models and MITRE ATT&CK framework).
- Excellent knowledge of technical security solutions (firewalls, SIEM, NIDS/NIPS/HIDS/HIPS, AVs, DLP, proxies, network behavioral analytics, endpoint and cloud security).
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS and HTTP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Very good knowledge of common malware threats and attack methodologies.
- Professional Certifications:...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity