at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionJob Responsibilities
40% Subject to management approval, serves as the Human Capital Management – Pay, Time and Learning Lead for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT):
- Takes a holistic view of business processes, leads Human Capital Management (HCM) Pay, Time and Learning Functional Experts and agency subject matter experts (SME’s) to optimize and design a statewide solution for assigned functional areas.
- Develops and implements multi-jurisdictional policies and procedures supportive of business processes, programs, service objectives and operation systems for payroll, time and attendance and learning activities.
- Recommends and implements policy for the Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) HCM Pay, Time and Learning Program.
- Acts authoritatively on business process optimization for designated functional areas and resolves issues related to incorporating program initiatives that bind state agencies to specific courses of actions, ensuring processes that cross functional areas, including but not limited to finance are appropriately designed and configured.
- Directs, coordinates, and leads vendor staff, subordinates and subject matter experts from state agencies and other constitutional offices while providing customer services.
- Travels throughout the state to confer with appropriate managerial and administrative staff to ensure the maintenance and development of a coordinated program implementation.
25% Oversees the design, implementation and support the integrated statewide solution for HCM, with a focus on Pay, Time and Learning functional areas, and staged configuration and implementation in state agencies and constitutional offices:
- Works in concert with the ERP Program leadership to coordinate and control the implementation of the ERP Program.
- Actively participates with ERP Program team in policy staff meetings involving the formulation, development and implementation of procedures, the development of new or modification of existing legislation to further refine or enhance statewide business processes.
- Assumes lead role in permanent organizational structure that oversees the ERP HCM Pay, Time, and Learning Management Program post implementation.
- Establishes priorities and target dates; develops contingency plans and impact assessments.
- Directs and manages multiple teams working on coordinated projects.
- Works closely with HCM Functional Experts on issues that cross functional areas; recommends program enhancements.
- Supports testing efforts of assigned functional areas, including accessibility testing.
- Represents the ERP HCM Pay, Time and Learning Management Program at various meetings of internal staff, advisory boards, and inter-agency or inter-governmental conferences with authority to make decisions which commit the Program’s resources and staff to specific courses of action.
- Prepares and delivers persuasive and informative presentations to audiences of all sizes ranging from front line staff to executive stakeholders.
20% Serves as full line supervisor:
- Assigns and reviews work.
- Provides guidance and training to assigned staff.
- Counsels staff regarding work performance.
- Reassigns staff to meet day to day operating needs.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives; approves time off.
- Adjusts first level grievances.
- Effectively recommends and imposes discipline, up to and including discharge.
- Prepares and signs performance evaluations.
10% Serves as a member of the Executive ERP Program Team:
- Participates in policy discussions to plan and coordinate short- and long-term goals and objectives of the ERP Program.
- Works directly with administrative staff in state agencies and constitutional offices; gathers and provides information for review
- Directs staff in the review and analysis of assigned functional requirements for HCM to assure policy objectives are met.
- Provides counsel and support. Resolves conflicts and any data integrity issues.
- Leads implementation of HCM designated functional areas and works closely with full HCM team on evaluating effectiveness of new standardized business processes.
- Makes recommendations to leadership regarding any revisions to be implemented prior to statewide roll out.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.