at MIDLAND STATES BANK in Ottawa, Illinois, United States
At Midland States Bank, base salary is one component of our Total Rewards program. Exact compensation is determined by factors such as (but not limited to) education, skills, internal equity, and experience. This position offers additional compensation in the form of short-term incentives (i.e. bonus and/or commission) and may include long-term incentives (i.e. stock awards). Benefits for this role include comprehensive healthcare, well-being benefits, paid family leave as well as generous paid time off. Total Rewards also include banking perks, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K plan with company match and may include the opportunity to participate in our Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation plan. Incentives and benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Provides customer service, processing both business and individual banking transactions; manages a cash drawer, cross-sells bank services. Responsible for comprehensive, prompt and efficient customer transactions. Trial balances cash drawer throughout the day. Balances and rolls the drawer for the day at close of shift, comparing the balance to the system balance. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Institutional knowledge of banking.
- Receive cash and checks for deposit, verifying amounts, looking at endorsements and reviewing checks for possible fraud including holds
- Examines cash carefully to guard against counterfeit bills.
- Cashes checks for customers in accordance with bank policy. Enters transactions into computer system and issues receipts.
- Assists customers with transactions and ATM operations.
- Provides accurate customer service to include balancing cash drawer throughout the day to reduce and eliminate teller differences.
- Understanding basic knowledge of deposit and lending products & services.
- Able to identify correct product types through needs-based questioning allowing them to build and deepen customer relationships.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge of bank products and services through referring products and services to corresponding business partners, assist customers on electronic services and entering opportunities into the customer information software.
- Serves as relief and /or backup teller in other locations of Midland States Bank.
- Timely completion of all assigned learning activities.
- Actively participate in weekly huddles and one on one coaching sessions.
- Demonstrates and models Midland States Bank core values that support the bank’s culture.
- Participate in bank sponsored community activities.
- The role requires occasional travel for training and team meetings, and willingness to travel periodically, to locations within market as needed.
- May require work in a Midland office to ensure collaboration and support of internal and external customers.
- Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status