at PepsiCo Corp in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Location: Purchase, NY (open to Plano, TX or Chicago, IL)
The Sr. Manager, Communications, PepsiCo Multicultural, role will drive PR/Communications strategy and execution both externally and internally for PepsiCo’s enterprise-wide multicultural-focused programming, driving brand awareness across its U.S. beverages and snacks businesses, and corporate reputation for PepsiCo as a leader in diversity, equity and inclusion. The Sr. Manager will build and execute dynamic and timely public relations programs and Communications efforts for the PepsiCo Multicultural Development and Hispanic Business Unit teams, and help drive awareness of these initiatives with media, customers, consumers, and current and prospective employees. The Sr. Manager will support the Director of Communications and is responsible for overseeing the development of PR strategy, media materials, day-to-day press activities, media outreach, budget management, agency support and execution.
* Drive External Communications and PR strategy & execution for enterprise-wide multicultural brand marketing programs and community efforts
* Provide strategic PR-first counsel and vetting of high-level partnerships and programs including key talent and influencer deals, sports and media partnerships
* Lead and inspire PR agency partners to deliver end to end, culturally relevant earned-first creative programs and supporting PR strategies, overseeing day-to-day relationship with multiple PR agency partners
* Support Internal Communications for all programs to reach various internal channels and employee resource groups; input projects and announcements into executive visibility strategy for SVP and leadership team
* Consistently deliver earned media impressions against pre-determined program goals; responsible for reporting and analytics, including setting and tracking KPIs and key learnings/implications to inform future planning
* Create strong and effective internal relationships, collaborating with cross-functional partners across Communications, Marketing, Government Affairs, Legal, Consumer Relations and The PepsiCo Foundation
* Coordinate with partners in Communications to protect brand and company reputation and ensure timely and effective reactive communications and issue/crisis management
* 8-10+ years’ experience across the PR/communications spectrum (agency, in-house), including external and internal communications, media relations, strategy and planning, executive communications, and B2B/trade outreach
* Experience managing brand communications in a fast-moving consumer goods category preferred; multicultural PR/communications experience a plus
* Strategic thinker, creative problem solver, and skilled media relations practitioner, with strong media relationships in relevant verticals
* Ability to provide PR/communications counsel to colleagues and senior leadership
* Strong executive presence
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Flexibility, resourcefulness, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly matrixed organization
* Exhibits ability to collaborate and develop strong, trusting relationships with team members, talent, media, customers and partners
* Approaches work with a high degree of professionalism and commitment
* Acts as a brand ambassador and embodies PepsiCo culture and values
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related function
* Purchase, NY area preferred, but open to HQ locations such as Chicago and Plano
* Some travel required
Compensation and Benefits:
* The expected compensation range for this position is between $106,300- $177,850 based on a full-time schedule.
* Location confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting actual starting salary.
* Bonus based on performance and eligibility target payout is 15% of annual salary paid out annually.
* Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement.
* In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.