at Group O in Milan, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionGroup O
Job ID: 2023-5499
Division: Supply Chain
Group O is searching for a Production Supervisor to join our team! The Production Supervisor role is responsible to supervise operational activities that may include safety, quality and/or maintenance as they relate to a particular department or facility.
- Mobilize department team to deliver/execute production outcomes and meet safety, quality, production, financial and customer goals as defined by the client requirements and business objectives
- Participate in and support GPS (Group O production system)
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area
- Product inspection to ensure adherence to customer specifications
- Report discrepancies and quarantine as necessary
- Perform the quality audit function when necessary
- Develop a team environment and promote a positive attitude within department. (Employee development to include evaluations and co-coordinating their training.)
- Coordinate the return of failed products to the vendor that have been rejected due to customer specifications
- Demonstrate safety procedures and safe equipment operation to new employees
- Confer with management, peers or subordinates to resolve employee issues
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for employees
- Use resources effectively
- Generate and maintain departmental reports as directed
- Suggest modifications to established procedures and improve quality to reduce cost
- Work with management on other assigned duties
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Proficiency with computer system. (MS-Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Working overtime when required
- Bending, standing, walking, and lifting for extended periods of time.
- Minimum 2 years experience supervising and/or developing others.
- Mistake proofing blueprint reading
- Proficiency in integrated ERP systems preferred
- Lean manufacturing
- ISO or other formal quality systems
- Excellent planning, communication, and follow through skills
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and attention to details skills
Group O is an end-to-end business process outsourcing provider offering a wide range of innovative, technologically driven marketing, supply chain, and packaging solutions. Founded in 1974 and headquartered in Milan, IL, Group O is one of the largest Hispanic-owned companies in the United States with more than 1,200 employees both domestic and internationally. To learn more, visit www.GroupO.com.
Group O is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilit
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status