at America Medical Response in Benton, Illinois, United States
IMMEDIATELY HIRING OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR IN BENTON, IL!
Job Description Summary: Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The mission and purpose of this position is to ensure the compassionate delivery of high quality care and service in a professional and cost-effective manner through the supervision of field personnel.
Provides direct patient care in accordance with company protocols and/or online medical direction. Assists with the coverage of open shifts as needed in the assigned area.
The Operations Supervisor is the first line of support and supervision over the actual delivery of care and transport service for the operating division. The primary responsibility of the Operations Supervisor is to direct and support field personnel to ensure cost effective, professional delivery of service and care to customers/patients. The critical strategic challenges to this position include the following:
* Changing customer expectations, including changes in the way care is delivered, potentially expanding services, or loss of services to other agencies (e.g., fire departments) have resulted in unclear or confusing role definitions. This results in changing employee expectations and lowered employee morale
* The growth-through-acquisition strategy has impacted all areas of AMR, resulting in the need for integration of processes and culture, which also impacts employee morale. The Operations Supervisor must deal with these morale issues daily
* Reorganization of work, which has resulted in role confusion for the Operations Supervisor. Some positions are focused on the supervision and support of reporting employees; other supervisors spend a great deal of time on data collection and reporting, leaving limited time for supporting employees
* Very large spans of control and employee shift structures make it extremely difficult for an individual Operations Supervisor to forge a strong relationship with the employees he/she is responsible for. This relationship needs to exist to support employee communications and coaching and development. In some locations, there are no assigned reporting relationships at all, which creates even more difficulty
* Changes in technology result in faster, easier methods for communicating, and collecting and analyzing data. The Operations Supervisor must ensure the implementation and proper use of such technology to maximize productivity and effectiveness
* The demands of the organization often exceed the time available for Operations Supervisors to do the work
Key Internal Customers and Suppliers
* The Operations Supervisor's primary relationship is with the field crews. He/she works collaboratively with the Paramedics and EMTs to coach and support their success
* The Operations Supervisor works closely with the Communications Center to provide direction on procedure and protocol use, ensure processes are followed, and to resolve issues that may arise
* The Operations Supervisor works collaboratively with the Operations Director/Manager and senior management to ensure clear understanding of Vision, values, goals and objectives
* The Operations Supervisor works with the Field Training Officer to ensure Paramedics and EMTs are receiving required training to optimize performance
* The Operations Supervisor provides information and resolves issues with staff functions at the local and regional level regarding human resources, risk management, payroll, and other functions
* The Operations Supervisor works closely with other Operations Supervisors to ensure the exchange of information about specific events, activities, and best practices
Key External Customers and Suppliers
* The Operations Supervisor often works with patients, family members, and friends
* The Operations Supervisor works daily with heads of ancillary emergency agencies, such as fire and police, to ensure integrated efforts
* The Operations Supervisor works daily with employees of hospitals, physician groups, nursing homes and other providers to resolve issues and ensure continued operational relationships
* The Operations Supervisor has working relationships with the appropriate management of HMO's and other insurers associated with the service area
* The Operations Supervisor, in collaboration with higher management, provides information and responds as necessary to the media regarding... For full info follow application link.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled