at Asahi Kasei America in Glenview, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionThe Asahi Kasei Group operates with a commitment of creating for tomorrow. Our business sectors, Material, Homes, and Health Care, contribute to the development of society by anticipating the changing needs of those around the world. We look for candidates that offer a fresh perspective and a variety of skills to help us achieve our commitment.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Bioprocess where we sell Planova® virus removal filters and develops and manufactures related bioprocess equipment.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America, Inc.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Assembly Technician
DEPARTMENT: Assembly - Systems
PREPARED BY: Rick Balding EFFECTIVE DATE: 01/01/2022
DEPARTMENT APPROVAL: Brian Crawford HR APPROVAL: Sylwia Gladysz
Assembly Technicians are responsible for the assembly of all components on skidded systems. This will include mounting all pumps, instruments, heat exchangers, piping, and valves as well as sheet metal flat work which may require welding and polishing per drawings and 3D models.
- Assist in skid assembly as needed:
- Ability to safely use saws, porta band saws, drills, air tools, right angle grinders and various polishing equipment.
- Responsible for running air lines and wires from instruments to control cabinet
- Ability to polish out welds on all the above to a #4 finish.
- Use Solid Works to pick dimensions on models to locate, mount, and check locations of parts and components.
- Read Prints and P&IDs to fabricate brackets, hangers, pipelines (tubing), modify frames, mount all components required on a skidded system with minimal supervision.
- Offer suggestions or methods of improving fabrication from past experience. GMP
- Ability to compare drawings for fabrication to vendors against solid works model for accuracy.
- Basic knowledge of pumps, valves, Hex, Flowmeters and other equipment on skidded systems with regard to proper working installation.
- Special projects as assigned
D. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to Assembly Manager - Systems
E. MINIMUM/PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years hands-on mechanical skills
- Familiarity with commonly used tools
- Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office skills
- Basic math and ability to read tape measures, Scales, and Calipers to make accurate measurements on parts and frames.
- Proficient at Stainless Steel welding on 16ga sheet metal with and without filler.
- Ability to work from CAD dwgs and models for placement of piping and components.
- Basic assembly skills for bolting, clamping, and mounting components square and level or pitched if necessary.
F. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Lift up to 50Lbs
As an equal opportunity employer, Asahi Kasei believes a diverse workforce will provide us with the ability to continuously support the changes in the economy, society, and environment.