at Baxter & Woodman, Inc. in Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
POSITION: Senior Water/Wastewater Operations Project Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Naperville, IL
At Baxter & Woodman, both seasoned professionals and recent graduates find more than a job; they uncover a long-lasting, fulfilling career with a distinguished leader in technology and innovation. Our work environment is extraordinary and being honored as one of the 2023 Zweig Best Firms to Work For exemplifies our appreciation and respect for our dedicated staff.
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Senior Water/Wastewater Operations Project Manager. We are seeking qualified applicants for our Naperville, IL office.
- Coordinate Communications between B&W, client and contractor for our large water main programs.
- Coordinate and Administer Water/Wastewater Start-up’s after Construction.
- Complete Operational Reviews of Water/Wastewater Plans during design.
- Visit and Troubleshoot Water/Wastewater Facilities when needed for municipal clients.
- Assist in Rate Studies, Alternate Water Studies, Capital Improvement Plans and Asset Management Plans.
- Act as Responsible Operator in Charge (ROINC) for one or multiple water/wastewater treatment facilities.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and submit DMR’s to IEPA.
- Performs daily and weekend plant inspections and prepares daily reports.
- Operates, inspects, and controls motors, engines, pumps, and valves to regulate the water/wastewater treatment process.
- Monitors and controls feed rates of chemicals. Understands the impact of the chemicals on the finished product.
- Monitors and operates SCADA system, checks charts, and adjusts controls to regulate flow rates and water storage and distribution of water. Cleans and lubricates machines and equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Collects and tests water/wastewater samples to determine basic water quality parameters.
- Inspects equipment and control devices for damage to the water/wastewater treatment plant and piping systems and reports as necessary.
- Direct operators and labors in proper water/wastewater operations
- Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/local agencies and associations, City management and staff, and the public.
- Investigates plant upsets and determines corrective action.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local regulations pertaining to the wastewater treatment plants.
- Provide on-site Municipal staffing assistance to several clients.
- Where required, serve as part-time staff technician to local municipality.
- Prepare and submit permits for local municipal projects.
- Coordinate work done by other departments for local municipality.
- Review development plans, from Client Perspective, for compliance with local requirements, including stormwater management, grading, sanitary sewers, water lines, and transportation aspects.
- Consult with other reviewers regarding electrical, photometric and structural issues.
- Assess the need for permits from other agencies.
- Assess impacts to on-site and adjacent private and public facilities.
- Provide recommendations for improving on-site or adjacent facilities in conjunction with the development.
- Prepare written review reports; communicate with Village Staff, developers and designers.
- Respond proactively to inquiries from Village Staff and Officials, developers, designers and adjacent property owners.
- Assist with preparation, documentation and improvement of review procedures.
- Performs other assignments as required.
- Illinois IEPA Wastewater Treatment Operator's License Class 1 (Required)
- Illinois IEPA Water Treatment Operator's License Class B (Optional)