at Baxter & Woodman, Inc. in Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
POSITION: Senior Environmental Engineer
POSTION LOCATION: Crystal Lake, Chicago or Mokena, IL
At Baxter & Woodman, both seasoned professionals and recent graduates find more than a job; they uncover a long-lasting, fulfilling career with a distinguished leader in technology and innovation. Our work environment is extraordinary and being honored as one of the 2023 Zweig Best Firms to Work For exemplifies our appreciation and respect for our dedicated staff.
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Senior Environmental Engineer in our Water/Wastewater Group. The Senior Environmental Engineer will assist with managing projects, developing business, serving clients and designing drinking water and wastewater projects in our Crystal Lake, Mokena or Chicago office. A successful candidate will benefit from a unique opportunity to advance quickly to a management position leading technical teams and/or coordinating marketing efforts.
- Assist with planning, developing, coordinating and ensuring the successful completion of projects.
- Prepare and monitor project schedules to assure successful delivery of projects on time and on budget.
- Prepare engineering project proposals in coordination with the Department Managers, the Water/Wastewater Business Development Manager and the Marketing Department.
- Make decisions independently and take responsibility for project engineering solutions.
- Lead single and multi-disciplined projects.
- Build and develop project team members.
- Represent the company in client and agency meetings to resolve questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Communicate and coordinate efforts and ideas with peers and management team.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring of project team members.
- Develop and enhance client relationships and business growth.
- Work with Department Managers to develop department standards and complete peer reviews.