at Baxter & Woodman, Inc. in Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
POSITION: Construction Engineer III
At Baxter & Woodman, both seasoned professionals and recent graduates find more than a job; they uncover a long-lasting, fulfilling career with a distinguished leader in technology and innovation. Our work environment is extraordinary, and being honored as one of the 2023 Zweig Best Firms to Work For exemplifies our appreciation and respect for our dedicated staff.
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a Construction Engineer III in our Chicago or Naperville, IL office. The Engineer III will support the firm’s construction group on a variety of projects ranging from roadways and bridges to underground installation and treatment plant construction. Additionally, the candidate will be assisting with the firm’s design staff when required. The engineering position will also offer the opportunity to work directly with firm clients.
- Conduct on-site observation of work, repairs, and tests as needed.
- Coordinate construction activities with clients, inspectors, contractors and public agencies.
- Endeavor to provide protection for owner against defects and deficiencies in the work.
- Serve as liaison with contractor.
- Maintain job site records of daily reports, job meeting minutes, approved drawings, and pay requests.
- Observe, measure and document construction activities.
- Maintain a daily log of construction activities.
- Monitor progress schedule and shop drawing log.
- Review pay requests and verify completed work.
- Detailed designs as required by workload.
- General civil engineering and client service.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Civil/Construction Engineering from an accredited program with an emphasis in construction engineering preferred
- PE License required
- 5+ years of proven progressive experience in construction engineering
- Past experience on IDOT or Illinois Tollway projects
- Chicago DOT and METRA construction experience desirable.
- Computer skills and mastery of proprietary software (IDOT CMMS program, ISTHA eBuilder, etc)
Join Our Team! - At our organization, we prioritize the holistic well-being of our employees through a comprehensive range of benefits. This commitment is evident in our healthcare offerings, including medical, dental, and vision plans, alongside an Employee Assistance Program and dedicated benefit advisors for personalized support. Financial well-being is enhanced through our financial planning program, life and disability insurance, tax savings plans, and coverage for accidents, cancer, and critical illnesses. Balancing work and life, we provide generous paid time off, paid holidays, parental leave, and flexible work arrangements, including the option to work from home on half Fridays and varied schedules. Additionally, we lead the industry by offering 401k plans, supported by expert financial advisors, and an Employee Stock Ownership program, ensuring our employees are not just part of a workplace but a thriving, supportive community dedicated to their well-being, financial security, and happiness.
Baxter & Woodman is an equal opportunity- affirmative action - M/F/Vet/Disability employer.