at Baxter & Woodman, Inc. in Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
POSITION: Transportation Project Studies Engineer
At Baxter & Woodman, both seasoned professionals and recent graduates find more than a job; they uncover a long-lasting, fulfilling career with a distinguished leader in technology and innovation. Our work environment is extraordinary, and being honored as one of the 2023 Zweig Best Firms to Work For exemplifies our appreciation and respect for our dedicated staff.
Baxter & Woodman has a rewarding opportunity for a highly motivated transportation engineer looking for career advancement, in our Crystal Lake, Chicago, Naperville or Mokena, Illinois offices. This position will primarily consist of design leadership and development of a variety of transportation projects for State, County, Tollway, and Local Agencies. Experience completing IDOT Phase I Reports and IDOT Phase II bid documents is required – experience managing these types of projects is a plus. This team orientated position will include working with Baxter & Woodman’s diverse disciplines and offices.
- Manage/Complete engineering plans and specifications production using IDOT Standards.
- Manage/Complete Federal Aid Phase I and II projects for a variety of clients.
- Lead a variety of projects and study types including roadway, underground utility, drainage, traffic, and infrastructure improvements.
- Complete general civil engineering services for municipal, county and state clients.
- Assist with business development and client management opportunities for transportation and infrastructure projects is preferred but not required.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
- 4+ years in roadway and infrastructure design experience using IDOT Standards.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or ability to attain within 1 year.
- MicroStation/Geopak capabilities preferred with an understanding of IDOT workflow.
- Ability to travel throughout Baxter & Woodman’s IL service area (own transportation).
- Ability to independently handle a variety of ongoing tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong written, verbal, computer and organizational skills.
- Work within a Team-first culture that encourages individual development and accomplishment of goals.
Join Our Team! - At our organization, we prioritize the holistic well-being of our employees through a comprehensive range of benefits. This commitment is evident in our healthcare offerings, including medical, dental, and vision plans, alongside an Employee Assistance Program and dedicated benefit advisors for personalized support. Financial well-being is enhanced through our financial planning program, life and disability insurance, tax savings plans, and coverage for accidents, cancer, and critical illnesses. Balancing work and life, we provide generous paid time off, paid holidays, parental leave, and flexible work arrangements, including the option to work from home on half Fridays and varied schedules. Additionally, we lead the industry by offering 401k plans, supported by expert financial advisors, and an Employee Stock Ownership program, ensuring our employees are not just part of a workplace but a thriving, supportive community dedicated to their well-being, financial security, and happiness.
Baxter & Woodman is an equal opportunity- affirmative action - M/F/Vet/Disability employer.