at Discover in Riverwoods, Illinois, United States
Principal Product Owner – Home Equity Lending
In-Office: Riverwoods, Illinois
About This Role
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Ourcollaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together.And we mean it – we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
What You’ll Do
· Ensures an outcome for a product is delivered that meets the requests from stakeholders and customers. This requires a fundamental understanding of the business and its constraints (financial, marketing, compliance, legal, service, the customer environment, the technical capabilities, the user experience, etc.) in order to provide a solution that satisfies all stakeholders and customers
How You’ll Do It
· Interacts and collaborates with stakeholders on key product considerations and aligns with product vision, features and roadmap. Leverages customer insights, feedback, financials, compliance and risk data to define product features and roadmap in partnership with other SMEs.
· Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objects and Key Results (OKRs) for the product team and ensure alignment with senior leadership (e.g., SPO, Dir, etc.). Creates and/or maintains key product documentation (e.g., customer journey map, technical specs, process mapping, etc.). Identifies and defines key non-functional requirements (e.g., security, availability, performance, etc.) to achieve necessary product metrics. Owns definition of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and features/user stories for delivery product roadmap; in-line with the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) of the greater product vision outlined by SPO and/or Business Director is the final decision maker for product scope
· Builds product backlog, prioritize its items to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and continuously keep it up to date. Holds meetings with the product team to continuously update product backlog. Ensures product features and processes align with applicable Discover compliance and risk management standards. Ensures product adheres to the highest quality standards, including releasing security patches not linked to customers.
· Defines functional and non-functional product requirements; ensure completeness; integral and consistent; source of requirements for product team. Creates and validate user story acceptance criteria. Defines and ensures appropriate testing frameworks for product features (e.g., market testing, functional performance, etc.) Works with Data stewards in their respective LOBs to ensure required Data quality controls are identified and implemented. Inspect and evaluate product progress through each iteration.
· Partners with business technology to create technical features that are required to continuously optimize system components and underline infrastructure maintenance.
· Builds a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the product team to make decisions as close to the work as possible. Manage dependencies with other team’s functions while identifying, building, and managing strategic partnership across different product teams.
Qualifications You’ll Need
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business
· 6+ years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
· In lieu of a degree, 8+ years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
Bonus Points If You Have
· Experience in Home Equity Lending / Mortgage originations
· Experience with Loan Originations Systems like NetOxygen
· Experience with Lean/Six Sigma approach to problem solving
The application window for this position is anticipated to close on Dec-05-2023. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The posting may be available past this date, but it is not guaranteed.
The base pay for this position generally ranges between $110,500.00 to $154,900.00. Additional incentives may be provided as part of a market competitive total compensation package. Factors, such as but not limited to, geographical location, relevant experience, education, and skill level may impact the pay for this position.
We also offer a range of benefits and programs based on eligibility. These benefits include:
+ Paid Parental Leave
+ Paid Time Off
+ 401(k) Plan
+ Medical, Dental, Vision, & Health Savings Account
+ STD, Life, LTD and AD&D
+ Recognition Program
+ Education Assistance
+ Commuter Benefits
+ Family Support Programs
+ Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Learn more at MyDiscoverBenefits.com .
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.(Know Your Rights) (https://www.eeoc.gov/poster)