at O&M Halyard, Inc. in Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated technologies, products and services across the full continuum of care. Customersand their patientsare at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor teammate benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the distribution center and performance of specific duties in accordance with company policies and procedures. DC Manager will be the highest-ranking person in the DC and will act as the main point of contact for the site and will be responsible for maintaining all safety, quality and production goals, by providing direction to staff of supervisors and floor associates.
Essential Job Functions
- The position will require an individual to provide daily management of a fast-paced distribution center, transacting up to 3,000 orders /day at peak and overseeing a staff of approximately 40-60 FTEs, across multiple shifts.
- Position is a pick pack operation that requires thorough knowledge of receiving, stocking, picking, checking, shipping with FedEx, USPS, and local couriers.
- Inventory Control experience is required.
- Achieves company established KPIs as it relates to supply chain management and Distribution metrics through management of the warehouse management team.
- Reports all monthly key indicator results to corporate contacts as needed.
- Assure inventory accuracy through physical inventories; cycle counting; and research of discrepancies and implementation of corrective actions.
- Position is responsible for meeting freight budgets outlined monthly
- Will require individual to assume a higher level of logistics support & knowledge, to provide future bench strength, with career opportunity.
- Determine staffing requirements; hire and terminate personnel; assure employees training programs are properly implemented; resolve personnel issues; approve and track payroll hours and set directives and goals for staff while motivating all team members.
- Position will require the individual to assume and develop business knowledge in all areas of Logistics including overall processes, all logistics systems and corporate carrier relationships.
- Work closely with finance while reviewing, approving, and coding all invoices related to the facility.
- Assures Center compliance to H/R policies and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with customer service management while reaching common objectives of satisfying our customers.
- Maintain facility and equipment to assure a safe and efficient work environment
- The manager will be hands-on while working with the teams.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 5-10 years warehouse/ distribution management experience.
- Stand alone management experience a plus, self motivated and hands-on management
- Budget development and management...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity