at CTG in Joliet, Illinois, United States
Nov 16, 2023Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking a Solution Architect who will be responsible for supporting enterprise-wide business operations and leading strategic projects along with providing technical expertise for Client implementing System Modernization.
Contract Length:12-18 months
Location:Remote with some travel to Buffalo, NY. Candidates should reside in or around the following areas – Buffalo, Rochester, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cleveland.
- Partner across stakeholders during all aspects of projects and assignments to ensure collaboration, consistency, and quality of solutions
- Provides oversight to various IT resources such as developers and programmers, architects, and other IT resources as assigned
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with management, peers, product owners, and internal stakeholder
- Function as subject matter expert and system architecture authority for systems integration.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and assistance in the design and implementation of technology solutions business applications portfolio.
- Collaborate with other functions across IT & business to ensure collaboration, consistency, and quality of solutions. Transform business requirements into scalable/manageable and cost-effective solution architecture design.
- Lead the architecting, designing, and deploying of private and hybrid cloud solutions while focusing on the aspects of the overall delivery model.
- Provide guidance and advocacy with IT leadership and other business stakeholders to prioritize API integration requirements and design reusable integration solutions.
- Create reusability into systems for other IT resources to utilize in their development efforts.
- Develop written documentation for use in development.
- Manage unit and integration testing of all system functions.
- Provide day-to-day technical support, guidance, and direction to IT team.
- Remain current in software development, programming, and delivery technology.
- Continuous improvement and exploration of industry API integration standards and technology trends.
- Provide technical support, design, development, and expertise in the resolution of production incidents.
- Ensure stability, integrity, availability, productivity, and efficient operation of assigned systems.
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. An additional four (4) years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Mainframe COBOL/CICS Developer Preferred skills – Banking and Lending Experience (Commercial) Candidate must be able to cross-functions from development/engineering to what was more historically BA functions such as facilitating meetings and communications with vendors and business partners
- Commercial Loan UAT/support etc. – CA7 – Mainframe: TSO, SPF, JCL, Cobol, Easytrieve, SAS, CA7 job scheduling, Xpediter debugging environment, Panvalet, SORT and other utilities.
- Former experience with the following skills highly desired and will be considered first: – M&T Technology and development experience, Commercial Lending experience
- Experience with supporting and developing on the AFS Level III Commercial Loans System
- Current/Primary Distributed Skill Sets: MS-SQL Server, Window Server Environment, Java/ETL , IIS/.Net Support
- MS-Azure, Commercial Loan Accounting, AFS Level III, AFS Vision, Banking, Lending
This is a modernization effort so the ideal candidate needs to understand all aspects of the Business Knowledge, Tech Knowledge, Business Analysis, and some leadership within the Legacy Framework and Future (MS-Azure) Framework along with reengineering current legacy aspects. As they are implementing system modernization and prefers AFS, if candidate has commercial experience that will be fine. Resource needs to be able to look at stakeholder’s environment and have understanding of what the project will look like in the future. Needs someone that can take design and lead. Needs analytical and leadership type of skillset that has experience in a large modernization effort. Depending on progress of project, there may be some travel. Please recruit from Buffalo, Rochester, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cleveland.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. Its a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Application Management & Support
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No