at Kimberly-Clark Corporation in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionCategory Development ManagerJob Description
Youre not the person who will settle for just any role. Neither are we. Because were out to create Better Care for a Better World, and that takes a certain kind of person and teams who care about making a difference. Here, youll bring your professional expertise, talent, and drive to building and managing our portfolio of iconic, ground-breaking brands. In this role, youll help us deliver better care for billions of people around the world. It starts with YOU.
The Category Development Manager HQ will be a member of the Baby & Child Care team to achieve assigned objectives through coordination and development of customer category plans, strategies, vision, initiatives, and tactics aligned with brand strategies and shopper insights. This person will interact with brand and field category managers, Revenue Growth Management, and BU Sales and drive platform specifics and objectives thru field.
In this role:
- Partner with and support Field Category teams, BU Sales, Shopper Insights, Revenue Growth Management, Marketing, and Insights & Analytics to deliver category perspective.
- Partner with Field Category to develop strategic business plans, vision, tactics, and strategies for achieving volume, share, distribution, and merchandising.
- Inform and champion insights and tools to Field Category and cross-functional departments.
- Operate with excellence in a team environment, with continuous collaboration with Sr. Category Development Manager counterpart, and across the HQ Category team.
- Create reports incorporating appropriate resources, interpret and translate complex metrics into valuable strategic insights to support relevant and sustainable growth; stay updated on consumption and consumer trends across channels.
- Conduct category and KC strategic, opportunity-based, analyses using storytelling and various data sources to proactively identify and capture trends, opportunities, and challenges, then formulate and execute a communication plan for materials.
- Develop strategic best in class Category Management tools and capabilities to drive Category and Brand growth, assortment, and shelving optimization by delivering data driven analyses, insights, tools, and perspective.
- Contribute to the creation of persuasive presentations as a credible Category Management expert, at times present findings to large audiences; support senior staff in reporting results and presentation to drive sales, product placement, and proper shelf allocation.
- Develop and present category overview material to new hires and, at times, customers.
- Manage execution of HQ shelving standards, relevant tools, point-of-sale, and consumer panel data.
Huggies. Kleenex. Cottonelle. Scott. Kotex. Poise. Depend. Kimberly-Clark Professional. You already know our legendary brandsand so does the rest of the world. In fact, millions of people use Kimberly-Clark products every day. We know these amazing Kimberly-Clark products wouldnt exist without talented professionals, like you.
At Kimberly-Clark, youll be part of the best team committed to driving innovation, growth and impact. Were founded on more than 150 years of market leadership, and were always looking for new and better ways to perform so theres your open door of opportunity. Its all here for you at Kimberly-Clark.
Led by Purpose. Driven by You.
You perform at the highest level...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity