at Elevance Health in Chicago, Illinois, United States
WARNING: Please beware of phishing scams that solicit interviews or promote work-at-home opportunities, some of which may pose as legitimate companies. Elevance Health requires a completed online application for consideration of employment for any position. We will never ask you for a credit card, send you a check, or ask you for payment as part of consideration for employment.
Global Business Resilience Director (US)
+ Job Family: Business Development and Planning
+ Type: Full time
+ Date Posted:Nov 17, 2023
+ Req #: JR96210
+ CO, DENVER
+ Nevada, Las Vegas
+ California, Los Angeles
+ California, Palo Alto
+ Indiana, Indianapolis
+ Ohio, Cincinnati
+ New York, New York City
+ California, Woodland Hills
+ Virginia, Richmond
+ Virginia, Norfolk
+ Texas, Houston
+ California, Walnut Creek
+ Illinois, Chicago
+ Georgia, Atlanta
Status: Full-time, Hybrid*, Salary with Bonus Potential
*This position will take part in Elevance Health’s hybrid work model which is work from home and flexibility to work in the office 1-2 days a week as requested by their manager. Must reside within commutable distance (50 miles or less from the Elevance Health office).
The Global Business Resilience Director is responsible for leading the strategic planning, execution, and advancement of Elevance Health’s organizational business response and recovery program to ensure an effective business recovery to catastrophic events that threaten the continuity of critical business operations. This includes coordinating responses to potential disruptions (e.g. natural disasters, critical vendor failures, cyber-attacks,) establishing stakeholder partnerships for recovery strategies, and advising business units and the Executive Team on business recovery efforts. Additional responsibilities include leading business resilience cross-functional programs for the company, which include resilience training and awareness programs, integrated resilience risk management, program and project delivery oversight, quality assurance program, and internal resilience tools and technology.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing and enhancing an innovative, efficient, and comprehensive organizational business resilience response program, encompassing preparedness, response, recovery, mitigation, and continuity planning
- Leading the organizational response and recovery management efforts and oversee all administrative operations of the program
- Coordinating and conducting enterprise business resilience training for senior executives engaged in strategic response efforts
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements for emergency planning and preparedness
- Conducting organizational resilience assessments and oversee international business resilience responses, Identifying, monitoring, and communicating emerging business resilience threats, geopolitical trends, and recommending strategic business resilience changes
- Coordinating the organization’s resilience risk model program
- Providing counsel to senior executives on organizational resilience initiatives
- Participating or leading responses to situations threatening ELV operations, collaborating with other resilience leaders and internal partners; cultivating a high-performance team
- Building a global resilience awareness and training program
- Optimizing and managing global business resilience internal tools and technology
- Overseeing global business resilience project and program delivery and management
- Managing integrated global resilience governance and risk alliance
BS/BA degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Master’s degree in a related field of study
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $155,400 to $268,789
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; and New York City, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
- The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success – for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified a