at City of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois, United States
GRANTS RESEARCH SPECIALISTJob Number:2989.5-CDPH-2023
Grants Research Specialist
Department of Public Health
Bureau of Behavioral Health
Number of Positions: 1
Starting Salary: $82,500
This position is open to the public and all current City employees covered under the City's collective bargaining agreement with AMERICAN FEDERATION OF STATE, COUNTY, AND MUNICIPAL EMPLOYEES (AFSCME) - BARGAINING UNIT 1, 3, 4 & 5. Only employees in City job titles in this bargaining unit are eligible to bid.
BID INSTRUCTIONS: Apply on the bid site: https://chicago.taleo.net/careersection/103/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en AND
1. Check the box on your profile titled "Currently employed by the City of Chicago"
2. Enter your employee ID (located on your pay stub labeled 'payee/employee number')
3. Select your correct bargaining unit
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN A REJECTED BID APPLICATION
WORKING WITH THE CHICAGO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Mission: To work with communities and partners to create an equitable, safe, resilient and Healthy Chicago.
Under general supervision, the position performs grant writing and research activities relating to the identification of funding sources and the development of grant applications; and performs related duties as required.
* Researches various sources to identify and assess available grant opportunities provided through public and private agencies
* Prepares summaries and provides recommendations to management on available funding opportunities for new or existing programs and initiatives to support or enhance department operations
* Prepares grant applications and writes grant proposals, including the development of program concepts, budgets, and timelines for program implementation
* Reviews completed grant applications to ensure proposed programs are in compliance with grantor's funding requirements
* Monitors grant funded programs and works with program staff to monitor their implementation and to ensure compliance with funding source reporting requirements
* Evaluates program proposals submitted by agencies for funding and makes recommendations for the allocation of funds and the selection of agencies based on established criteria
* Attends various workshops and seminars to gather information on available grant opportunities
* Represents the department at public hearings and community meetings regarding grant funded programs and project initiatives
* Coordinates with other city departments in the administration and implementation of grants
* Assists with audit by compiling required documents
Additional duties may be required for this position
Location: 333 S. State St. Chicago, IL. 60604
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CAREER SERVICE
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a directly related field, plus two (2) years of grants preparation, community outreach, or project management experience.
* Masters in Public Health, Public Policy, or related field
* Knowledge of public health interventions related to substance use and overdose prevention
This position requires applicants to complete an interview which will include a written exercise and excel skills assessment test as part of the interview. The interviewed candidate(s) possessing the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, based on the oral and written parts of the interview will be selected.
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.
The City of Chicago in an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer.
City of Chicago
Brandon Johnson, Mayor
Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59pm CDT on 12/06/2023
Job Posting:Nov 22, 2023, 9:10:08 PM|Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External:Dec 7, 2023, 5:59:00 AM
The City of Chicago is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer