at Spectraforce Technologies Inc. in WaukeganNorth Chicago, Illinois, United States
Location: Onsite - Lake County
Length of assignment: 12+ Months (Potential Extension)
We have an opportunity available for a motivated and skilled biologist who will support the activities of a cell bank in a highly collaborative environment. The candidate must be willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary research team under the mentorship of a supervisor.
The major responsibilities will include routine mammalian cell culture, cell bank maintenance and equipment handling.
The successful candidate will be expected to rapidly learn the daily operation of the lab, readily adapt to changing needs and priorities. Excellent teamwork, communication skills, adherence to good laboratory conduct, documentation practices and safety guidelines are essential.
* Associate degree with 1-2 years' experience BS degree or equivalent education with no additional experience.
* Knowledge of aseptic technique.
* Prior wet lab bench work experience and familiarity with general biology lab procedures.
* Ability to perform routine tasks in a timeline driven and goal-oriented team environment.
* Driven, agile, detail-oriented, organized and a self-starter.
* Experience with mammalian cell culture, working in a cell bank, cryopreservation and handling multiple adherent, suspension, or mixed cell lines simultaneously.
Key Leadership Competencies:
* Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
* Fast learner and adaptable to quick-changing priorities.
* Creates a learning environment, open to feedback for improvement.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)
Entry level skills, either Associates with 1-2 years of experience, Bachelors Degree in Biology with no lab experience or BS in Chemistry with Biology minor. Familiar with general lab equipment, i.e. microscope, Autoclave.
SPECTRAFORCE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require reasonable accommodation.