at PepsiCo Corp in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Assistant Brand Manager: Meals Occasions Portfolio Strategy and Retail Activation
Bring your passion and talent to the Meals Occasion Team (part of the total PepsiCo Foods organization) and deliver portfolio strategy and retail excellence to our consumers/customers. The Meals Occasion team is looking for a passionate, analytical and dynamic marketer interested in working on the Meals portfolio and retail activation team as an Assistant Brand Manager. This individual will help lead day-to-day portfolio strategy and in store retail portfolio execution, acting as a thought leader, brand steward, strategist, business analyst, cross-functional team leader and project manager.This role will develop and showcase foundational knowledge of developing portfolio strategy, retail activation best practices, and serve as an influential thought leader across the entire Business Unit.
* Assistant Brand Manager of the Meals Occasion Portfolio Strategy and Retail Activation team
* Deeply analyze brand and competitive performance and consumer insights data, becoming the expert on portfolio strategy opportunities for our total meals’ portfolio
* Support the development of portfolio equity programs in store, delivering break-through activations in partnership with sales strategy and the field sales team
* Develop portfolio growth strategies, provide supported recommendations of tactical priorities to drive incremental business growth
* Liaise with customer, sales strategy and shopper marketing teams to ensure customer and brand strategy synergies, while ensuring the brand has flawless execution at the moment of choice
* Liaise with the Portfolio Growth Strategy team and individual brand teams on developing an activation calendar for total PFNA
* Connect with the Growth Office as needed on portfolio strategy opportunities
* Strong commercial acumen with the ability to craft best in class sell stories, liaise with customer team partners and identify critical opportunities to drive the business
* Lead cross-functional teams to commercialize key initiatives when necessary (across R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, Sales, Insights, Regulatory, Design, etc.)
* Manage the Meals Occasion portfolio budget
Compensation and Benefits:
* The expected compensation range for this position is between $68,000 - $113,850 based on a full-time schedule.
* Location, confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting actual starting salary
* Bonus based on performance and eligibility; target payout is 8% of annual salary paid out annually.
* Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement.
* In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.
* Must have a BS/BA degree
* Minimum of 2-3 years of direct, full-time work experience
* Preferred: Prior Marketing experience within consumer-packaged goods or retail strategy experience
* Strong analytical and written/oral communication skills, high interpersonal skills
A* Proven ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a matrix environment
* Prior experience leveraging consumer insights to develop effective marketing programs and campaigns
* Excellent multi-tasking, project management and prioritization skills
* Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
* Ability to create a compelling story through insights and data to drive action (familiarity using IRI is a plus)
* Comfortable navigating through ambiguity
* Possess a can-do attitude with a high level of initiative and the ability to thrive in a collaborative fast-paced environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.