at CVS Health in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
- Supports comprehensive coordination of medical services including intake, screening, and referrals to Aetna Better Health.- Promotes/supports quality effectiveness of Healthcare Services.- Performs intake of calls from members or providers regarding services via telephone, fax, EDI.- Utilizes Aetna system to build, research and enter member information.- Screens requests for appropriate referral to medical services staff.- Approve services that do not require a medical review in accordance with the benefit plan.- Performs non-medical research including eligibilityverification, COB, and benefits verification.- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.- Promotes communication, both internally and externally to enhance effectiveness of medical management services (e.g., claim administrators, Plan Sponsors, and third party payers as well as member, family, and health care team members respectively)- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality.- Communicate with Aetna Case Managers, when processing transactions for members active in this Program.- Supports the administration of the precertification process in compliance with various laws and regulations and/or NCQA standards, where applicable, while adhering to company policy and procedures.- Places outbound calls to providers to provide information or obtain clinical information for approval of medical authorizations.- Uses Aetna Systems such as MedCompass, QNXT, ProFAX and ProPAT.- Communicates with Aetna Nurses and Medical Directors when processing transactions for members active in this Program.- Sedentary work involving significant periods of sitting, talking, hearing, and keying.- Work requires visual acuity to perform close inspection of written and computer-generated documentsas well as a PC monitor.
- 1 year experience working as a medical assistant, office assistant or other clinical/equivalent experience.Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year Call center experience
- 1 year Prior authorization experience
- Associates degree preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
The typical pay range for this role is:
$17.00 – $29.30
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above. In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies. For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account