at STANLEY CONSULANTS INC (NEW) in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Stanley Consultants is seeking a Student Intern to join our Chicago, IL office. The Student Intern will be participating in structural analysis, design, and drawing preparation pertaining to civil and transportation related structures including bridges, retaining walls, drainage structures, and other miscellaneous structures. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and willing to learn with a committed interest in structures. Primary duties will include working with our structural engineers to solve engineering problems and produce high quality design documents, plans, specifications and estimates.
* Understanding engineering drawings and specifications
* Performing and checking engineering calculations
* Back checking drawings
* Assisting in field site visits of existing and proposed structures, including active construction sites
* Performing quantity calculations and take-offs
*Utilizing MicroStation to develop detailed drawings
* Gaining familiarity with structural engineering software
* Must be currently enrolled and Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Must be at least a college junior
* Possess experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Requires previous course work in structural engineering, concrete, and steel structures
* Solid writing and communication skills
* Previous experience with Microstation (or AutoCAD) is preferred, but not required
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a company that is committed to innovative growth and improving lives in the communities where we live and work? Stanley Consultants is an award winning, interdisciplinary consulting firm providing program management, planning, design, permitting, engineering, and environmental services. Recognized for its commitment to client service and a passion to make a difference, Stanley Consultants brings global knowledge, experience, and capabilities to serve federal, municipal, and industrial clients. Stanley Consultants solves complex challenges in power generation and delivery, transportation, water, energy, and industrial plants, building services, and the environment. Since 1913, Stanley Consultants has successfully completed more than 50,000 projects globally in more than 100 countries, including all 50 of the United States and its territories.
Throughout our history, Stanley Consultants has remained an employee-owned company, committed to a legacy of professional independence and objectivity. The commitment to private ownership, shared responsibility and reward has sustained us for more than 100 years.
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.