at Spectraforce Technologies Inc. in WaukeganNorth Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job Title: Microbiologist
Location: North Chicago, IL
Duration: 9 months
Summary: Collects environmental and utility samples for microbiological and chemical testing. Performs microbiological testing on water and swabs.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Biology or related science from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials weighing up to 25 pounds, vision to monitor and moderate to loud noise levels. Work is performed in manufacturing and laboratory environments.
Implements, and maintains and make changes to create global solutions for a safe work environment and good manufacturing practices in accordance with procedural requirements.
* Maintains training certifications as needed for assigned job tasks and takes responsibility to add new training diversification to meet broader team objectives.
* Performs analytical or microbial test methods and changes as written to support product and material release with minimal error.
* Accepts responsibility for all data generated to support material release and to complete assigned tasks as committed.
* Independently troubleshoots and resolves analytical techniques and instrument issues.
* Interprets experimental data for conformance with product/material specifications.
* Understands and identifies laboratory techniques or instrumental performance in accordance with scientific principles.
* Proposes and implements experimental design to determine exception root cause.
* Demonstrates logical thought processes in order to determine possible contributors to exception events and initiates appropriate exception documents in accordance with procedural requirements.
* Can work in multiple laboratory functional areas as assigned and can effectively perform a multitude of laboratory techniques for which they are trained on with minimal error, while adjusting to unforeseen technical or logistical obstacles to accomplish assignments.
* Bachelor's Degree in Biology; Associate's Degree with at least 2 years of lab experience; High School Diploma with at least 5 years of directly related laboratory experience.
* Ability to work with general supervision but effectively manages their own time to multi-task based upon their completed training matrix.
* Participates and contributes to assigned teams to meet broader business objectives.
Benefits: SPECTRAFORCE offers ACA compliant health benefits as well as dental, vision, accident, and hospital indemnity insurances. Additional benefits SPECTRAFORCE offers to the eligible employees include commuter benefits, 401K plan with matching and a referral bonus program. SPECTRAFORCEoffers unpaid leave as well as paid sick leave when required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SPECTRAFORCE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, colour, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Please contact Human Resources at if you require reasonable accommodation.
SPECTRAFORCE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require reasonable accommodation.