at OTTO Engineering, Inc. in Carpentersville, Illinois, United States
Senior Firmware Engineer
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Senior Firmware Engineer is responsible for the design and development of electronic circuitry and software for communications products and accessories. Hands-on design and debug of analog and digital audio circuits. Firmware design for microprocessor-controlled designs is a key requirement. Position includes concept through production design as well as technical support and modifications of existing products.
Specifically, the Senior Firmware Engineer will:
• Design, prototype, and evaluate the performance of analog and digital circuit to meet customer and/or internal specifications
• Design, develop, and document firmware for microprocessor-controlled designs
• Specify and select electronic components
• Contribute to cost and schedule estimates for customer RFQs
• Generate schematics, Bill-of-Materials (BOMs) and provide PCB layout guidance
• Provide technical support toward resolution of field and production issues
• Define product test requirements
• Collaborate and coordinate with Mechanical, Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality, and Sales teams
• Maintain schematics, BOM’s, ECN’s, drawings, layouts
• Assist with other related duties as required or assigned