at Morton Community Bank in Morton, Illinois, United States
Morton Community Bank was established in Morton, Illinois, in 1960. Currently, we have 460 employees, 46 branch locations, and over $5 billion in assets. Thanks to our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), our employees are also owners of the Bank! We pride ourselves on our dedicated service to our customers and our communities.
Employees have access to a wide range of benefits the first of the month following their date of hire. These benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life/AD & D, short-term disability, long-term disability, HSA, and flexible spending account. In addition, employees receive paid vacation days, personal days, and holidays.
Ultimately provide top rate service to all customers. Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments and money transfers. Promote bank’s products and services. Responsible for professionally interviewing and engaging prospective customers inquiring about opening new accounts, such as savings or checking accounts. Gather all appropriate information to open account and educate account holders on company or bank policies. Complete and keep accurate documentation and records on all accounts. Accurately and efficiently process and record routine transactions for bank customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Greet and assist customers to ascertain their needs.
· Interview customers who would like to start checking or savings accounts.
· Explain and advise customers on and promote bank products and services to customers.
· Print and distribute applications forms, ensuring applicants fill out all fields properly.
· Proofread forms and go over with applicant.
· Enter data into computer systems.
· Hand out literature regarding company policies on all accounts.
· Ensure customers walk away educated about account benefits.
· Prepare forms for signature cards, cashier checks, drafts and money orders.
· Answer telephone and address inquiries.
· Close accounts as needed.
· Discuss how to apply for ATM/Debit cards, direct deposit of checks and certificates of deposit.
· Order checks for customers.
· Record customer deposits and fees.
· Professionally handle any questions or disputes on account fees.
· Receive and count working cash
· Identify customers, validate and cash checks
· Accept cash and checks for deposit and check accuracy of deposit slip
· Process cash withdrawals
· Perform specialized tasks such as preparing cashier’s checks and personal money orders
· Perform services for customers such as ordering bank cards and checks
· Receive and verify loan payments and mortgage payments
· Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with bank procedures
· Balance currency, cash and checks in cash drawer at end of each day
· Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products
· Make sure customer is directed to proper person to resolve issues and problems with customer’s accounts
· Promote bank products and services to customers
Personnel Management: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The physical activities of this position may include climbing, reaching, standing, lifting, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions.
· Medium exertion; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Employees, who work 7 ½ continuous hours or more, must take a 30 minute uninterrupted lunch break no later than 5 hours after beginning their work day
Education and Qualifications
· High school education and diploma
· Attending all required MOM meetings
· BSA and other Bank related training through BAI is required annually
· Some clerical, administrative, cash handling, sales or customer service experience preferred
· Knowledge of customer service principles
· Relevant computer skills