at McMaster-Carr in Elmhurst, Illinois, United States
Who We Are
McMaster-Carr is an e-commerce company that stocks and distributes more than half a million products used to keep business in motion. Our customers turn to us when they need to build, design, repair, or maintain just about anything because we are the complete source for industrial supplies.
Engineers experience a culture of development through collaborative learning, mentorship and the ability to explore new topics. They enjoy the challenge of architecting and building networks from end-to-end to support customers and coworkers. Our dynamic business requires agile professionals with a growth mindset to tackle challenges and add value across a variety of initiatives. Interest in developing project leadership skills and mentoring others is welcome.
Engineers create enjoyable experiences for more than 350,000 daily customer visits to mcmaster.com. They also architect and maintain infrastructure to fulfill orders and create the rich content found on our website.
McMaster-Carr understands that work is just one part of a full life. We offer an inclusive workplace dedicated to equity and employee well-being where great work is rewarded with growth opportunities, highly competitive pay and generous benefits.
- Profit-sharing for all employees
- Comprehensive health benefits without monthly premiums
- 100% company-funded retirement program
- 100% company-paid tuition
- Work-from-home flexibility
- First-time home buyer assistance
- 5+ years of experience designing, deploying, and maintaining Windows, Linux, VMware ESX systems in both isolated and high availability environments
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: SQL Server, MongoDB, layer 2/3 networking, firewalls, F5 load balancers ,storage networks, Websphere MQ, Splunk
- Ability to make use of tools and data to quickly solve challenging problems in production environments, both independently and in collaboration with other engineers
- Familiarity with deploying and updating infrastructure through automation and scripts
- Great communicators who thrive in highly collaborative team environments where Agile and fast-moving practices are the norm.
- Enjoy the challenge of architecting and building systems for our customers and coworkers within our own data centers
- Interest in developing skills to lead projects and mentor other engineers is a plus.
To Apply: www.mcmaster.com/apply
For more information on McMaster-Carr, please visit: https://www.mcmaster.com/careers
EOE/M/F/VET/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity