at Northwestern University in Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Job Opening Id: 45287
Department: Temp Center
Position: Temporary Part-time Event Planner
Hours: This is a part-time position (25-30 hours per week/ 9am-4pm / M-F)
Pay: $22.00 per hour
Approximate start date: ASAP
Approximate end date: 12/16/2022
Northwestern University is seeking a temporary Part-time Event Planner for the Evanston campus.
Temporary Job Description:
- Responsible for the coordination and planning of room reservation requests and event needs for on campus performances and in the Performance Venue locations.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external partners and clients, initiating and maintain contact with clients, assessing
- and determining event setup needs and negotiating and monitoring conference/event contracts; in particular, with high profile and multi-service contracts.
- Attending weekly Coming Events meetings, and accurate communication with service providers
- Pre-event coordination and communication efforts between client and various service providers (Technical Services, Catering, etc.).
- Provide secondary support to the Norris University Center managed spaces and additional locations managed by the Event Planning Office.
- Participate in departmental initiatives, committee work and special projects as requested and as appropriate to the position.